Vision 2020 Australia membership 2023
Vision 2020 Australia is the peak body for the eye health and vision sector. It was established some 23 years ago and since that time, has consolidated its position as a trusted advisor to government and other decision makers in relation to eye health, vision and blindness services.
Vision 2020 Australia’s combination of national advocacy, evidence-based policy development, cross sector networking, information sharing and collaboration has kept issues related to avoidable vision loss, eye health and low vision high on the agenda, including for population groups such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Vision 2020 Australia has around 50 member organisations, which vary in size, complexity and focus. The diversity of its membership provides unique opportunities, both for member organisations themselves and for the collective, as it enables a wide range of expertise, perspectives and insights to shape priorities.
Vision 2020 Australia’s activities are all ultimately working towards preventing avoidable vision loss (in both Australia and abroad) and enhancing services and outcomes for Australians who are living with permanent vision loss. For many members, supporting Vision 2020 Australia forms part of their commitment to prevention.
In doing this, it profiles information about and achievements of its members to a wide audience including all federal MPs, the eye sector, and a wide range of other organisations with shared areas of interest.
Membership structure and fees
There are a range of membership options to maximise engagement from the sector.
|Major Supporting Member||$8,130|
Fees do not include GST. Membership fees are paid annually.
For more information on member benefits, or on how to become a member, please contact us on (03) 9656 2020 or Email Us
The Vision 2020 Australia Board determines which membership categories new members are allocated to, taking into account factors such as their organisational size, revenue, purpose and alignment to the work of Vision 2020 Australia.
Like most similar organisations, some member benefits are enjoyed by all member organisations. These include:
- Participation in networking activities (including parliamentary events, CEO forums, Lunch and Learns and the Barry Jones Vision Oration)
- Opportunities to influence and shape Australia’s eye sector and its activities in Australia and abroad, through policy committees, contributions to sector submissions and other cross sector collaboration
- Access to ongoing information via V2020A channels and networks
- Participation in the AGM with access to vote and stand for positions on V2020A Board
- Communication profiling across social media platforms and access to the fortnightly Sector News Alert newsletter
- Access to V2020A developed resources, submissions and reports, and other resources.
In addition, the higher levels of membership receive additional benefits commensurate with their increased investment. These are related to profile and participation in Parliamentary Friends Events, MP delegations and Vision 2020 Australia communications.