For the first time in history the number of people who are blind or vision impaired is decreasing.
This enormous achievement has been accomplished through worldwide cooperation and collaboration of non-government organisations, private sector and government, and the Vision 2020: the right to sight global initiative, created by WHO and the IAPB, played a key role in reducing avoidable blindness over the past 15 years.
Like our global counterparts, Vision 2020 Australia brings together people and organisations from across the eye health and vision care sector to share their knowledge and inform policy, funding submissions and advocacy activity.
This approach gives each Vision 2020 Australia member a seat at the table, a voice to government in an otherwise crowded space and ensures that the right priorities, policies and partners are in place.
As a result Vision 2020 Australia and its members have made great inroads in the fight against avoidable and treatable blindness including:
- Building evidence on the state of Australian’s eye health, conducting the first national population survey into the prevalence and causes of major eye disease
- An Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander budget proposal to Close the Gap on eye health and vision care for indigenous Australians
- Coordination of the delivery of a National Blindness Prevention Program, to turn the tide on diabetes related eye disease
- Working with members from the blindness and vision impairment sector to identify gaps and areas for improvement between health, the National Disability Insurance Scheme and aged care.
Be part of something bigger and join other key eye health and vision care sector organisations making a significant difference to the eye health of all Australians.
Consider our range of membership options available:
- eye care service delivery
- eye research
- low vision support
- vision rehabilitation
- professional assistance
- community support
- health promotion and development
Membership structure and fees
There are a range of membership options to maximise engagement from the sector.
|Major Supporting Member||$6,742|
Fees do not include GST.
Membership fees are paid annually or in two half-yearly instalments.
For more information on member benefits, or on how to become a member, please contact us on (03) 9656 2020 or Email Us