Vision 2020 Australia is proud to add our voice for the recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Constitution and a First Nations Voice to Parliament.
Vision 2020 Australia (V2020A) has long been an advocate for health equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and has been continually learning how best to work with and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations.
Like many organisations, we are proud to voice our support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recognition in the Constitution by advocating for a YES vote in this year’s referendum.
We are proud members of the Allies for Uluru Coalition, made up of more than 200 community, non-government and corporate organisations from across the country that have come together to support the implementation of the Uluru Statement from the Heart, starting with the establishment of a First Nations Voice to Parliament enshrined in the Constitution.
First Nations people have been calling for meaningful change for many years. The upcoming referendum on the Voice to Parliament is an opportunity to recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia’s constitution and also ensure their voices are heard on issues that affect them.
The Uluru Statement from the Heart is a powerful call to action. A call for real and practical change. But this change can only become a reality with a national YES vote. We have a rare opportunity to unite as a nation and make a resounding statement by voting Yes in the referendum.
By voting YES we can finally recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s first peoples within our constitution.
By voting YES we can make a major positive impact now and for future generations.
By voting YES we can give all Australians a greater sense of belonging.
It’s why Vision 2020 Australia says YES to a constitutionally enshrined Voice to Parliament.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
- Uluru Statement from the Heart – Uluru Dialogues, cultural authority on the Uluru Statement
- Yes 23 – National Yes campaign
- Allies for Uluru Coalition
- Together Yes– National kitchen table conversation movement
- Uphold and Recognise – NGO promoting discussion on recognising Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Reconciliation Australia – Lead body for reconciliation in Australia
- ANTAR – National advocacy organisation dedicated to justice, rights and respect for Australia’s First Nations Peoples
- Voice From the Heart Alliance – National grassroots network committed to a successful Yes vote