Vision 2020 Australia is the national peak body for the eye health and vision care sector.
It represents organisations involved in local and global eye health and vision care, health promotion, low vision support, vision rehabilitation, eye research, professional assistance and community support.
A range of Vision 2020 Australia members are making submissions to the annual budget process. The proposals in this Vision 2020 Australia submission have been developed to complement those being proposed by individual members.
The submission calls for investment in the following priority areas –
- Enhancing local eye care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Vision Research.
- Tackling blindness in Papua New Guinea.
- Strengthening support services for people who are blind or have low vision.
- Supporting innovative eye health workforce strategies and improving access to sight-saving eye care treatment.
- A National Framework for Children’s Vision Screening.