2020 is a unique year to raise awareness of the importance of good eye and vision care and invest in initiatives that can transform the eye health and vision of Australia and its neighbours.
This submission outlines priorities for eye sector investment – a number of which will support the Government to deliver on its existing commitments:
- End avoidable blindness in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Improve access to assistive technologies for people who are blind or vision impaired and invest in cross sector research to identify how the benefits of this can be maximised.
- Support a second National Eye Health Survey.
- Expand investment in eye health programs in the Indo-Pacific, with a particular focus on Papua New Guinea.
- Continue support for the KeepSight program.
- Improve public access to intravitreal injections.