Take this fantastic opportunity to use your policy development, advocacy and stakeholder engagement skills to play a key role in a national peak body that works with member organisations to eliminate avoidable blindness and vision impairment and ensure full community participation of people who are blind or vision impaired in Australia and our region.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer this position is responsible for coordinating advocacy to government on policy relating to eye health and vision care and the effective facilitation of member contributions to policy development.
When joining the Vision 2020 Australia team, you will help drive a range of activities that assist us to seek policy change, sector collaboration and increased awareness of eye health and vision care sector issues.
We are passionate about our work and maintaining a positive workplace culture, where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and develop professionally.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be degree qualified in arts, social science, public policy or related discipline
- Have three to five years proven experience in a government relations, communications or similar policy role.
- Demonstrate strong experience in national advocacy activities, including developing submissions, building relationships and understanding government processes, preferably within national public policy across health, Indigenous and/or disability portfolios
- Have experience in campaign development and implementation
- Be experienced in providing advice on policy issues, including articulation of key issues to a range of stakeholders and presenting papers to sector committees
- Be a strong team player who demonstrates initiative and is focused on continuous improvement
This role is Melbourne CBD based and will require occasional interstate travel.
Vision 2020 Australia promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
Applications are due close of business on Friday 11 August 2017 and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org