The International Centre for Eye Health (ICEH) at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is currently accepting applications for its annual MSc Public Health for Eye Care course. This course aims to provide eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their setting.
The training will enable them to:
- Develop a public health approach to eye care services and the control of blindness in keeping with the objectives of VISION 2020: The Right to Sight
- Acquire and apply skills in epidemiological and operational research in eye health
- Adopt public health strategies in planning and managing eye care programmes
- Facilitate personal development, enabling individuals to contribute more fully to their countries’ and societies’ eye health
- Engage with local, national and international networks of health professionals and systems, for the prevention of blindness worldwide
Students will be expected to have either a degree in medicine or a second class honours degree of a recognised university in science/health related subject. Students are expected to be health care professionals involved in eye care; or to have appropriate technical qualifications and work experience. Early application is encouraged and we recommend applying by March 2014. However, applications are always considered until all places on the course have been filled.
Some scholarships will be available . Applicants wishing to be considered for scholarships are advised to apply by March 2014. Please note that this is not a closing date. Although we accept applications all year round, other applicants are also advised to apply before this date as courses can become full rapidly. While early applications is encouraged, late applications are always considered until all places on the course have been filled. All applicants should be able to start the course on the first day of the academic year, 28 September 2014.
Please see attached electronic leaflet. For more information on fees, scholarships, course objectives and all other general information please visit the official course website at:
Important Information: LSHTM has introduced an electronic application system. If you are requesting paper applications there will be a charge.