Annual General Meeting 2017 (Items)
Notice is given that the 17th Annual General Meeting of Vision 2020 The Right to Sight Australia (‘Vision 2020 Australia’) will be held at 9.30am (AEDT) Wednesday 29 November 2017 at the Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, The University of Melbourne.
Please indicate your attendance by Thursday 23 November 2017 by contacting Karen Bignell at Vision 2020 Australia; email@example.com or 03 9656 2020.
- Chair’s welcome and meeting declared open
- Noting of apologies
- Minutes of the 2015-16 Annual General Meeting
- Chair’s address
- Presentation of Annual Report 2016-17
- Chief Executive Officer’s report
- Financial statements and reports - To receive and consider the Financial Report of Vision 2020 Australia and the Reports of the Directors and Auditor in respect of the year ended 30 June 2017
- Appointment of Auditor - Saward Dawson has agreed to act as Auditor of Vision 2020 Australia for the 2017-18 financial year. Saward Dawson has been nominated by the Vision 2020 Australia Board. To consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following ordinary resolution: ‘That Saward Dawson having consented in writing, be appointed as Auditor of Vision 2020 Australia for 2017-18’.
- Election of Directors
There are five vacancies on the Board. The following two Directors retire from the Board by rotation pursuant to Article 28.3 of the Constitution and, being eligible under Article 41.1, offer themselves for re-election:
The Hon Amanda Vanstone (current Board chair)
Dr Jess Gallagher
Nominations in the proper form under Article 31.2 have been received from:
Ms Jaki Adams-Barton
Dr David Andrews
Ms Daveena Brain
Ms Megan McAlpine
The maximum number of directors under Article 28.1 of the Vision 2020 Australia Constitution is eleven. Since there are seven candidates for the maximum of five positions available, there will be an election of Directors at this meeting. The Chair has determined, pursuant to Article 24.2 that the election will be determined by an electronic ballot.
Note – Biographies of nominees, minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting, Directors’ and Auditor’s Reports including Financial Statements prepared by Saward Dawson are available to download below.
10. Special Resolution
Approval of the Vision 2020 Australia Constitution
To consider and if thought fit approve the following resolution which is proposed as a special resolution requiring the approval of 75% of those present and voting: -
‘That the draft constitution tabled at the meeting and signed by the Chairperson for the purposes of identification, be adopted as the constitution of the Company.’
In line with governance best practice, the Vision 2020 Australia Constitution was reviewed earlier this year by Associations Forum and the Corporate and Governance Standing Committee. A number of minor changes have been made. A paper outlining the proposed changes in detail has been circulated to members and a document with changes tracked between the current and new versions is available upon request.
11. General Business