2018 Annual General Meeting (items)
Notice is given that the 18th Annual General Meeting of Vision 2020 The Right to Sight Australia (‘Vision 2020 Australia’) will be held at 2.00pm (ACDT) Friday 16 November 2018 at the offices of Hood Sweeney in the Board Room, 11-16 South Terrace, Adelaide, 5000.
Please confirm if you will attend by Friday 9 November 2018 by contacting Jess Darwishpanah at Vision 2020 Australia (email@example.com).
1. Welcome and meeting declared open
2. Noting of apologies
3. Minutes of the 2017 Annual General Meeting
4. Chair’s address and presentation of Annual Report 2017-18
5. Chief Executive Officer’s report
6. Financial statements and reports
7. Appointment of Auditor
To consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following ordinary resolution: ‘That Saward Dawson having consented in writing, be appointed as Auditor of Vision 2020 Australia for 2018-19’.
The Vision 2020 Australia Board has nominated Saward Dawson to be its 2018-19 auditor, Saward Dawson has indicated it is willing to do so.
8. Election of Directors
To make an appointment to elect a director to fill the vacancy: ‘At the date of this Notice, only one nomination has been received from Mr Mohamed. As no additional nominations have been received, all such nominees will be declared elected at the Annual General Meeting in accordance with clause 31.6 of the Constitution.’
Current Board Director Mr Justin Mohamed retires from the Board by rotation pursuant to Article 28.3 of the Constitution and, being eligible under Article 41.1, offers himself for re-election.
9. General Business
The meeting will officially close and be followed by an update from each of the four Vision 2020 Australia policy committee chairs:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people – Dr Dawn Casey PSM
- Independence and Participation – Mr John Simpson
- Global – Mr Gerhard Schlenther
- Prevention and Early Intervention - Mr Guy Gillor