Budget 2017-18 Analysis
The 2017-18 Federal Budget is an opportunity for the Government to make eye health and vision care an important focus for the new financial year.
On this page, you will find media releases and analysis from Vision 2020 Australia in relation to the budget, as well as eye health and vision care specific information that relates to the hand down on the 9th May.
This page will be regularly updated in the lead up to Federal Budget day, as well as the following days after.
Federal Budget Snapshot
- Optometrists, Patients and Communities Short-changed in Federal Budget
- Budget a Missed Opportunity to Close the Gap on Health
Budget Media Releases
- Foreign Aid Freeze Leaves Australia's Neighbours Out in the Cold
- Vision 2020 Australia Welcomes Budget Focus on Preventative Health
- NDIS Funding a Federal Budget Win
Pre-Budget Media Releases
- Budget Must Close the Gap for Vision
- It Pays to Invest in the Elimination of Avoidable Blindness
- Disability Employment will Boost the Economy
- Australia's Foreign Aid Budget Needs Vision
- Further Aid Cuts Would be a Foreign Policy Failure