Caring for Country Kids
Children’s Healthcare Australasia (CHA) and the National Rural Health Alliance (NRHA) are joining forces to host a national Conference on quality healthcare for children and young people living in rural, regional and remote communities across Australia.
This unique Conference will showcase innovations, models, programs and activities that enhance the health and wellbeing of infants, children and young people in rural and remote Australia.
The two-day event will offer learning and networking opportunities to a wide cross-section of public and private sector healthcare providers, consumers, policy makers and researchers involved with the health and wellbeing of children in rural and remote areas.
The Alice Springs Conference will focus on
- placing children and their families at the centre of care
- keeping rural and remote kids healthy
- enhancing the patient journey from primary through secondary to tertiary care – and back again
- improving access to the right care, in the right place, at the right time
- building the capacity of the rural, regional and remote health workforce team to care for children locally
- improving healthcare outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people
- caring for kids from rural and remote areas who have chronic and/or complex health needs
- providing emergency care to rural and remote kids
- mental health care for children in rural and remote communities
- care of rural and remote children and adolescents with traumatic physical or mental injury
For more information visit http://countrykids.org.au/Back to Events