What we do
"We have made great progress fighting avoidable blindness and vision loss in Australia and our region..."
Jennifer Gersbeck, CEO
Strategic Plan 2014-17
To end avoidable blindness and vision loss in Australia by 2020 and enable greater community participation of people who are blind or vision impaired.
- To end avoidable blindness and vision loss in Australia through prevention, early detection and intervention, and improved awareness.
- To improve the ability of Australians who are blind or vision impaired to take part in the community.
- To ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have equal access to quality eye health and vision care services.
- To ensure evidence supports better, sustainable service and program delivery.
To reduce avoidable vision impairment and provide rehabilitation services in Asia and the Pacific.
- To ensure that eye health and vision care is a priority in Asia and the Pacific.
- To increase eye health and vision care services and support in Asia and the Pacific.
To operate a respected, effective, efficient and sustainable peak organisation.
- Vision 2020 Australia’s structure and systems ensure its sustainability, capacity to represent the eye health and vision care sector as its peak body, and support its work in policy development, advocacy and program coordination, in partnership with members.
“… it is encouraging to see the progress we are making so people who are blind or vision impaired can take part in the community, but there is still much more to do.”